Progress is advancing on the multiphase, long-range expansion plan at the Annville Free Library. Speedwell Construction of Manheim, PA, chosen in competitive bidding to build the new addition which will link the existing library to the library-owned duplex next door, mustered on site in October 2022.
The new Addition will help the library to grow with its service areas by providing:
- a larger help desk located in a central position so staff are ready to welcome and serve patrons
- an attractive, expanded space for the youth program
- an improved, wider stairway to the downstairs Children’s Library
- two new entrances
- new restrooms on the main floor – all ADA-compliant
- increased energy efficiency in its HVAC systems
- increased natural lighting within from energy-efficient windows and skylights
- updated security and technology
The new Addition construction is funded, in part, by a Keystone Library Grant of $750,000 awarded from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, PA Dept. of Education, and with matching funds from the community raised through Writing the Next Chapter. Barring unforeseen delays, the Addition will open in October 2023.